Friday, September 25, 2026

Where Are We All Going?

 


Where Are We All Going?

This morning I stopped for a moment and watched the traffic at the intersection.

The light turned green and here they came…

One car, then another, then another — a long line of people headed to work, headed somewhere, headed to whatever the day had waiting for them.

Nobody seemed to be going very slowly.

It made me think about how much of our lives we spend hurrying to get somewhere.

We’re always looking at the clock.

Hurrying to work.

Hurrying home.

Hurrying to the next thing.

And sometimes I wonder…

Where are we all going in such a hurry?

Maybe every once in a while we need to miss the green light.

Take the long way.

Look out the window.

Notice the sunrise.

Or just sit still for a minute and remember that getting there isn’t the only part of living.

Of course… I say that as I watch everybody else race through the intersection. 😂

Maybe that’s why Alabama’s I’m in a Hurry was playing in my head when I took this picture.  

No comments: